Melissa and I share the same home town and know some of the same people even though we are just a FEW years apart!! :)
I loved reading her answers and since she tagged me, here goes:
Here are the rules:
•You must post the rules.
•Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
•Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
•Let them know you have tagged them
1. Where were you born? I was born in North Carolina and I STILL love calling NC home!
2. What irrational fear do you have? I am SOOO claustrophobic! I panic at the THOUGHT of being enclosed in a small space. Flying is difficult for me, but I do it!
3. Where’s 1 place you hope to travel before you die? Because I don't love to fly, a road trip to Maine is on my bucket list!
4. What’s your favorite summer cocktail? I love anything salty and anything with lime....but, if I can TASTE the alcohol, forget it!! :)
5. Fine Dining or Casual Dining? Casual! A sunny lunch or night outside eating is my idea of perfect dining!
6. Did you go to summer camp as a kid? YES! I spent my summers as a child AND as an adult, at Camp Lurecrest on Lake Lure in the mountains of NC! There is NOT a better camp. Anywhere!
7. Favorite comfort food? Homemade macaroni and cheese or cinnamon toast!
8. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many? I do! I have an older sister who died at 49 of a heart attack. We were 21 months apart. And to this day, she remains close to my heart and childhood memories! My brother is 18 months younger than me. He has a house on the lake complete with a boat and jet skis....ahh, the life! My baby sister is ten years younger than I am. I was ten years old when she was born and felt like I left my own child when I got married! I have a half sister a few years younger than me that I don't get to see often enough!
1. If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, with all of your expenses paid, where would you live?
2. What is your favorite musical? Or do you not like musicals?
3. Are you better at singing or dancing?
4. If you had the choice of getting dressed up and going out on the town or staying home in your PJ's on the couch, which would you choose?
5. If you could win an Olympic gold medal in any sport, what would it be?
6. What is your weirdest or most annoying habit?
7. Tell us about your first best friend.
8. What is your favorite show on TV right now?
9. What is your favorite show from the "old school" TGIF or Nick at Nite days?
10. What is your favorite season of the year, and why?
11. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names and what kind of animal(s) are they?
Here are my answers to my questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, with all of your expenses paid, where would you live? Destin Beach, Florida...on the beach, with a house big enough for all the children and grandchildren to stay as long as they would like!
2. What is your favorite musical? Or do you not like musicals? The King and I. (But, i could list several I have seen and love!)
3. Are you better at singing or dancing? Singing....but, it's a close race. I'm bad at both!
4. If you had the choice of getting dressed up and going out on the town or staying home in your PJ's on the couch, which would you choose? I would definitely stay home. My favorite thing in the world is hanging out at home in my PJ's!
5. If you could win an Olympic gold medal in any sport, what would it be? Gymnastics!
6. What is your weirdest or most annoying habit? I pick my nails. UGH!
7. Tell us about your first best friend. Teresa. She was my best friend from summer camp and church. Teresa is still a dear friend today after 45 years!!!
8. What is your favorite show on TV right now? 19 Kids and Counting. I admire the Duggars...don't be a hater!
9. What is your favorite show from the "old school" TGIF or Nick at Nite days? I Love Lucy!
10. What is your favorite season of the year, and why? SUMMER! Bring on the sun....and the heat!
11. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names and what kind of animal(s) are they? No. I am not an animal lover. Sorry to those of you who are. I always feel like I have to apologize because people that love their pets, REALLY love them. I don't get it.
If you don't, you are missing God's grace for your life in a BIG way.
I've been reading Sibi's blog for maybe four years.
For four years I've watched her have babies. I've seen her reach out to single moms, and try to mend relationships in her family. I've read about her heartache and the redemption of her soul. I've seen the pictures of her gorgeous family and learned that her heart beats for newborn babies. I've heard about a husband who is EXACTLY what Sibi needed.
Edie is funny and tiny and has beautiful *smoky eyes.*
She is eclectic and fabulous. Smart and committed.
She is a go-getter and makes some to-die for chocolate chip cookies.
Edie is very well read....a C.S. Lewis fan!
Her story will challenge you to trust the Lord.
He proved His faithfulness time and time again to her family.
She has some incredibly talented teens and two adorable little girls who have the gift of their mom home-teaching them.
Paige and I could be friends.
She is as down to earth as can be with a graciousness to go with it.
Her four girls mean the world to her and when they are in pictures, you can hardly tell the mom from the daughters. Good grief she looks young! Paige has a love story that could be a book. She must be one incredible woman. She has had two men adore her. Paige is a nurse who is now stretching herself in a new venture to support the oppressed through a new business. She is humorous and looks great...even without SPANX! :)
Sarah got me.
Her story made me cry.
It made me thankful.
It made me know I can handle the hard things.
Sarah is Miss America gorgeous,
but her soul....
It's even more beautiful.
She is so well spoken and points to Jesus in a way that makes me want Him....
....even more than I already do.
There is a crown for Sarah.....actually, there are two of them....
waiting with Jesus for their mommy.
Loneliness...to the tenth degree.
Jane is a *professional pray-er*....:)
I'd sure want her in my corner!
You should have seen her sister.
I had a bird's eye view of her from my seat.
If there was any healing to be done there.....it's already been done.
The love was so evident.
Jane is amazing.
Love her sister's simple gesture of touch.
The praise and worship was AMAZING! Brittany Nelson blessed us with her words and her voice.
Her spirit is PRECIOUS, and it's so evident when you stand in the presence of her singing.
Brittany has a new CD.
You'll like it. :)
And, good grief, LOOK at her!!!!
I can't say enough about the blessing of this past weekend.
These ladies were the hands and feet of Jesus.
.....and that's saying a lot.